GATHER | Sketches in Thyme #380

Sunday, July 14, 2019


Hello Friends and Welcome!

Today is my very first turn to share a layout for the Sketches in Thyme design team using this sketch created by Brenshevia.


https://sketchesinthyme.blogspot.com


And here's my page.




I knew right away what photos I wanted to use for this project.
We just moved to a new house, and I'm pretty excited about it. I decided to create an album to document just the house - what it is like now, and all the changes that we make during our time here.

I've been watching Nathalie DeSousa (one of my favorite YouTube scrappers) create some amazing layouts in her Life Crafted Album by Citrus Twist Kits, so I decided to use the same binder for my album.

To create my layout for this challenge, I started by rotating the sketch 90ยบ to the right so it fit better with my page size of 5" x 8 1/4".




I used mixed media paper for the background and added some watercolor splotches using a blue ink to match the sky in the photo of our house.



For the papers, I looked through some digital scrapbook papers from various designers at Pixel Scrapper and decided on the green and the white washed brick as the main papers to use for this page. A few scraps of other digi papers mat the photo.



Next I went to some old Citrus Twist Grace Box kits to pull out embellishements from the Jen Hadfield Home + Made ephemera pack, and the title from the Pink Paislee Auburn Lane puffy stickers. Oh! And one of those iconic Tim Holtz tickets made the layout, too. :)



Lastly, I diluted some gold acrylic craft paint to add splatters to the pages.


For the left page, where I put my journaling for this two page layout, I used the SIT sketch #379, deisgned by yours truly.
Because of the small size of the page, I simplified the layering quite a bit, and chose not to use the word strips at the left of the sketch.






I love using sketches because they can save a lot of time when working on a project. I hope you are inspired by this layout to see that you can use a 12" x 12" sketch for projects in other sizes.



Until next time!

Elizabeth


CREDITS
Decorative Label Punch (retired) - Stampin' Up!®


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! and thanks for stopping by. I appreciate every comment left here for me. They are very encouraging and brighten my day! =)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS