HIGHWAYMAN | SIT #384

Wednesday, August 14, 2019


Hey, Friends!

It's my turn on the Sketches in Thyme blog, today, sharing my layout for this fabulous sketch by Laura Rumble.

https://sketchesinthyme.blogspot.com/2019/08/maven-elizabeths-take-on-sketch-384.html




I had these photos of one of my boys, who was looking quite handsome in them, I thought. As a matter of fact, I had wanted to make the title of my layout 'Handsome Highwayman', but decided that it was too long for the page. I might go back and add 'handsome' in as a smaller word strip, or something, but then again, maybe not. :)
This guy of mine loves to design costumes and can be found as a character from a recent book, or when there is no new inspiration, a character from Star Wars, on any given day. Just the kind of thing a mom wants to document!


I chose Whisper White cardstock, from Stampin' Up!® for my background, used the packaging technique to create the watercolor splotches behind the photos, and then watered down some Folkart Pure Gold acrylic paint to make the gold splatters.



I did a wee bit of stamping behind the photos, just three little impressions from one of my favorite Stampin' Up! sets (Organic Grace-retired), just to add a bit of interest and visual dimension to the background.




 All of the embellishments were printed from digital kits. That fabulous antique pistol is from the Cedar Creek elements kit by Raspberry Road Designs. (Sadly, this kit is no longer available.) All the others are from various kits at Pixel Scrapper.




I cut the title on my Sizzix Eclips using the Emillia Script font using Basic Black cardstock from Stampin' Up!.

When it came time for the journaling, I liked the clean look of this layout so much, that I just couldn't do all of that writing around the edge, so I added my journaling to the back, instead.

That wraps up my layout for this sketch. I hope you enjoyed seeing it and you are inspired to come play with us at Sketches in Thyme!

Until next time!
Elizabeth





1 comment:

Hi! and thanks for stopping by. I appreciate every comment left here for me. They are very encouraging and brighten my day! =)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS