I'm early this year!!

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Usually I'm running around at the last minute making a Mother's Day card for my husband's mom.  (My mom has been gone for several years. =( )  But this year, thanks to The Color Throwdown #138, I have my MIL's card done!! Yea!!




Here is the card I made.





When I first saw the colors for this challenge, I immediately thought of red to go with the navy and white. This is such a common color combo that I decided I needed think about it and try to give some other colors a chance, so I didn't make a card right away. I've been working on some new product ideas for our little home based business so I sat down with my hook and crochet thread.....red crochet thread...to create a few things. When I was done making the little flower, I knew it was going onto a navy and white card!! And that it would be my MIL's Mom's Day card!

The blue is Not Quite Navy from SU! and I embossed the white CS with my new Cuttlebug Ornamental Iron emboss folder.   The two navy medallions were cut with the die plate from the same Cuttlebug set.  I stamped the MOM in Riding Hood Red with the Lovely Letters alphabet, both from SU!  The pearl on the red crocheted flower, (which was made by me! =) ), is a button from my stash.


Challenges I've entered this card in:
The Color Throwdown #138 - navy, white and one other color

2 comments:

  1. It is wonderful, Elizabeth. Your MIL will love it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY pretty! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! and thanks for stopping by. I appreciate every comment left here for me. They are very encouraging and brighten my day! =)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS