Book of Me: My Word for the Year

Saturday, January 18, 2014


Hi there!


I'm participating in a Book of Me challenge on Scrapbook.com.

I've been wanting to do a BOM for a long time, and have lots of years prior to 2014 that I will have to fill in, but I wanted to start this year right, by staying on track with BOM entries.

As my husband and I have been evaluating our past, and seeking God for direction for our future, I began asking the Lord for a word that I should focus my attention on for this year.  At first, I was really just desiring it, not whole heartedly seeking God for it.

Then I read a post on my friend Kelly's blog at Sandcastle Stamper.  I was thrilled to see that she had the same desire, and already had her word for the year.  With a yearning to have a focus, grounding point, and something for which I could be accountable to myself, my husband and my Master, I sat right there at my desk and sincerely asked, "God, what's my word for this year?",  

Within seconds I had my answer:





The first layout in my BOM for 2014.

Blessings!



Credits:
Background Paper & image behind 'Diligence': Kindred Spirits from RaspberryRoadDesigns.net
Stamped images & metal tag: Stampin' Up!
Other DPs: My Mind's Eye



2 comments:

  1. Wonderful Post and wonderful page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO well designed and I love the quotes. Very inspiring, Elizabeth. This is something like a Vision Board, isn't it?
    The background paper is awesome and so is the colour combo. Something about green brown and cream that is always so lovely.

    Keep scrapping,
    Monica

    ReplyDelete

Hi! and thanks for stopping by. I appreciate every comment left here for me. They are very encouraging and brighten my day! =)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS